|Darrin Harris has Division I colleges getting interested|
- Mason 61 Loveland 34: After a quick 26-3 start Comets head coach Greg Richards went deep into his bench to get all his players experience as the lead ballooned to 44-8 at the half, at which point Richards really slowed down the pace. CPHR was extremely impressed with Mason who defends with discipline, moves the ball around effectively, has more depth then we thought (even better is that guys really understand their roles), and has three big time players that can score at will. Senior wing Darrin Harris was the most impressive Comet tonight as he scored 8 points, including two on a high rising transition dunk, while senior forward Mike Van Kleunen displayed his usual skilled inside-outside game with 10 points on 5-5 shooting. Senior guard JD Sprague probably had the best overall stat line for Mason as he tallied 10 points, 5 assists, and 4 steals in the blowout win in which the starters only played three minutes in the second half. CPHR came way impressed with the floor vision of Mason senior point guard Tim Reale and the power of senior big Kevin Niehoff (who led all scorers with 11).
- Withrow 80 East Grand Rapids (MI) 56: The Tigers won their first game at Detroit's Motorcity Roundball Classic in dominant form as game MVP Devin Williams, a junior forward, led the way with 27 points and 8 rebounds. All the Withrow frontline players chipped in as senior forward Tyler Jordan scored 15 points and senior center Rozelle Nix added on 10 in the win.
- Lakota East 61 Socastee (SC) 38: Behind 16 points from junior guard Robbie Harpring, and 10 points from sophomore PG Ryan Leppert, the Thunderhawks got started the right way at the Beach Ball Classic in South Carolina.
- CPHR's thoughts go out to leading scorer Stedman Lowry, a junior wing, who suffered what doctors are fearing is a severe knee injury early in the East win tonight.
- Lakota West 55 Simon Kenton (KY) 40: The Firebirds won their opening game at the Republic Bank Holiday Tournament in Lexington behind the 16 points of junior guard Monty Boykins and the 10 points of senior forward Jackson Blue.
- Tates Creek (KY) 60 Roger Bacon 55: The Spartans fell in the opening round of the Gaslight Classic in Jeffersonville, KY.
- Colerain 76 Mt. Healthy 51: The talented group of Colerain juniors came to play today as the Cardinals blew out the visiting Owls behind a 28-5 2nd quarter. Cardinals junior guard Kane Thompson scored a career high 19 points, junior PG Deiontay Waiters scored 17 points with 5 assists, junior guard Milt Davis scored 13 points with 5 assists and 5 rebounds, and junior wing Bryan Porter chipped in 8 points as Colerain dominated.