A busy night in the GMC with several close games, including one major upset, while the GCL South division got a little more sorted out, and one City League team almost took a major upset. Here are tonight’s scores…… West High @ Withrow photos
|Withrow junior PF Devin Williams|
led the Tigers with a dominant 22 and 16 performance
· Withrow 74 West High 49: The Tigers never looked back after jumping out to a 21-7 lead after the first as West High never got back within single digits. Junior post Devin Williams was dominant scoring 22 points (on 8/10) shooting with 16 rebounds and 3 blocks. The Tigers also got balanced scoring from their guards as senior Damon Gooch scored 11, junior Tim Coleman recorded 12, and junior Corey Wise added on 8 in the win. The Withrow zone defense frustrated the Mustangs all night, forcing them into shooting long and contested jumpers. The only Mustang players that could find a rhythm were senior guards Darrell Bullock, 12 points, and Lionel “Bubba” Hill, with 17 points.
· Princeton 74 Colerain 67: After trailing by 1 after the third quarter the Vikings got the win at home with the scoring coming from senior guard Deion Isham with 24 points and junior wing Eric Tivis with 22 points. Junior PG Dorian Jordan had a near triple-double for Princeton as he tallied 8 points, 11 assists, and 10 rebounds in the win. Juniors Milt Davis (16), Deiontay Waiters (14), and Bryan Porter (11) all scored in double figures for Colerain.
· Middletown 72 Mason 58: After being tied at 45 all after the third the Middies went on a big fourth quarter run to close the game; led by the performance of sophomore wing Vince Edwards (22 points and 10 rebounds) and senior guard Geovonie McKnight (21 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals). In the loss Mason received 23 points with 10 rebounds from senior wing Darrin Harris and 18 points from senior guard JD Sprague.
· LaSalle 53 St. Xavier 39: Sophomore guard Jeff Larkin scored 19 points, senior guard Josh Lemons scored 14, and junior guard Connor Speed scored 14 as LaSalle won the game thanks to their usual great defensive effort.
· Turpin 60 Anderson 46: The Spartans stayed undefeated with a rivalry win on the road behind the 10 points of senior guard Mitch Stevens and the 18 points of junior guard Zach McCormick.
· Fairfield 60 Hamilton 43: The Indians remained undefeated as senior guard James Turner scored 17 points while senior wing Jeff Woods and senior forward Keon Benjamin each added 12 points.
· Oak Hills 48 Lakota East 46: The Highlanders pulled a huge upset thanks to a career high 26 points from junior wing Jake Richmond.
· Lakota West 59 Sycamore 53: Junior guards led the scoring for the victorious Firebirds as Monty Boykins scored 15 and Ali Barnes 14. In the loss Aves senior center AJ Williams went for 16 points and 9 boards.
· Woodward 63 Shroder 54: A dominant second quarter pushed the margin to double digits as the Bulldogs held on for their second league win. Woodward was led by the 12 points of senior guard Eric Hill and the 11 points of senior wing Ramonte Woods. Senior center Ladell Griffin led Shroder with 13 points and 8 boards.
· Moeller 58 Elder 39: Josh Davenport’s 22 points and 8 rebounds marked another great performance for the junior wing as a huge Moeller fourth quarter (20-8) propelled the Crusaders to victory.
· Walnut Hills 81 Glen Este 43: Junior post Isaiah Johnson scored 19 points with 10 rebounds in the blowout win while senior guard Andrew Mitchell added 11. Walnut also got 12 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists from junior guard Ricardo Hill Jr and 15 points from junior forward Kodey Jackson.
· Northwest 62 Talawanda 59: Junior wing Ramar Hairston led all scorers with 18 points in the win.
· Wilmington 56 Kings 55: Freshman guard Jaevon Cumberland led all scorers with 15 points in the win.
· Roger Bacon 42 McNicholas 40: Sophomore wing Carlas Jackson had another nice game as he scored 11 points in GCL-Central road win for the Spartans. Senior wing Drew Hall scored a game high 14 points for McNicholas in the loss.
· Norwood 60 Harrison 54: Senior guard Deontez McGee led all scorers with 14 in the win.
· Winton Woods 54 Ross 50: Junior forward Trent Donald had another double-double with 21 points and 13 rebounds while sophomore wing Martin Jones had his breakout game with 16 points in the win.
· Aiken 60 Hughes 56- Senior forward Paul Woodson had another great night scoring 19 points and grabbing 15 rebounds and Aiken came back to win after trailing by 11 at the half. Senior guard Willie Moore pulled a near triple-double for Aiken with 12 points, 11 rebounds, and 8 assists. Aiken also got 11 points from sophomore guard Correy Cavins and 9 points each from junior wings Mikey Thompson and Austin Grimes. In the loss Hughes got another huge scoring night from sophomore guard Angel Rivera, who went for 24 points. Hughes wings were not their usual selves as Aiken held junior Terry Cook to 9 and sophomore Kevin Daniels to just 8.
· Summit 57 Clark 40: A late second quarter run, capped by a three pointer from sophomore guard Joey Kreyenhagen (who scored a career high 8 points) propelled Summit to a huge second half win. Junior guard Kevin Johnson scored 18, sophomore PG Antonio Woods scored 16, and senior post Holdy Hertzel scored 10 to pace the Knights. Senior guard Max Hassell led Clark with 16 points.