With several teams being out of town this week, and next, CPHR will be working hard to bring you the coverage from all those games, as well as the local ones. Here are the top games to check out before Christmas…..
· Taft @ City of Palms Classic (Florida): After falling 75-61 to Lake Wales (FL) on Monday morning the Senators are 0-2 and looking to get on the board in the Nation’s most prestigious holiday tournament.
· Lakota West @ Lakota East: The biggest of all GMC rivalries comes at a time when East is struggling to find their identity. East got the best of West in a major way last year; West is the favorite to avenge that this year.
o Prediction: Lakota West wins a close game.
· Mason @ Fairfield: The Indians try and stay undefeated against a Mason team trying to get back on their feet after falling to Middletown on Friday. Fairfield will have to shoot well, and find an answer for Mason wing Darrin Harris, to win this; but playing as well as they are right now they’re probably the favorites.
o Prediction: Mason wins a close one.
· Brookwood (GA) @ Moeller
· Sycamore @ Colerain
· Anderson @ Walnut Hills
· West High @ North College Hill
· Summit @ Woodward
· Milford @ Turpin
· Dayton Carroll @ Roger Bacon
· McNicholas @ LaSalle
· St. Xavier @ Bishop Fenwick
· Northwest @ CHCA
· Taft @ City of Palms Classic
· Hughes @ New Richmond
· Covington Catholic @ Winton Woods
· Aiken @ The Lynix Classic (Memphis, TN)
· Walnut Hills @ St. Xavier
· Summit @ Purcell Marian
· Aiken @ Lynix Classic (Memphis, TN)
· Taft vs Huntington Prep (WV): Right after returning home from the City of the Palms Classic in Florida the Senators board a bus to go to the annual Ironton Classic in Ironton, OH where they face one of the nation’s top teams in H-Prep. Seniors Elijah Macon and Evan Payne, both Ohio natives, are among the talented group of Division I prospects on the Prep roster. With Taft being 0-2 (at the time of this article’s release) in Florida they should come out with a chip on their shoulder in this one.
o Prediction: Hate to go against Taft but CPHR thinks that a long week will get longer as Huntington Prep is just too talented for the Senators.
· Middletown @ Moeller: Two of the top four teams in our Power Rankings square off as Moeller looks for revenge, after Middletown humiliated them late last year (ruining what was a perfect Moeller regular season). It’s tough to get a road win in this series as each of the last two times the home team as dominated. CPHR is excited to see the matchup of Moeller junior wing Josh Davenport and Middletown sophomore wing Vincent Edwards, both of whom are averaging over 19 ppg.
o Prediction: Moeller won’t lose this one at home. The Middies take their first loss, but its close.
· McNicholas @ Covington Catholic
· Roger Bacon @ Newport Catholic
· Northwest @ Turpin
· Anderson @ Sycamore
· Badin @ Elder
· Fairfield @ Talawanda