|The leadership of James Turner helped|
Fairfield get a surprise win over St. Xavier
- Fairfield 46 St. Xavier 36: The Indians came out with passion on their home floor and forced St. X into 20 turnovers leading to enough transition points to win the game. Fairfield proved they one of the top teams in the area defensively as they used a terrific match-up zone to confuse the bombers en route to a huge fourth quarter, where the outscored St. X by 9. Senior guard Jeff Woods led the scoring with 11 while bruising senior forward Keon Benjamin added 10. Fairfield also benefited from the 7 points and 10 rebounds of senior post Brandon Murphy and the steady all-around play of senior guard James Turner (who scored 6, as did senior guard Devon Barlow). Junior SG Alex Blink led the Bombers with 9 points in the loss while junior PG Deontae Bolling showed a solid all-around floor game in his first varsity start.
- LaSalle 59 Walnut Hills 41:
- Winton Woods 59 Roger Bacon 53: Trent Donald's 19 points and 17 rebounds, plus 8 assists, paced Winton Woods as they won their first game with strong inside play. Senior post Zach McCorkle scored 12 for the Warriors inside while junior forward Kwan Cheatham added 11, and both grabbed 6 boards. Sophomores Carlas Jackson and Austin Frentsos led the way for Bacon with 13 and 11 points respectively while Dahmere Epperson also added 13.
- Summit 74 Seven Hills 40: Junior guard Kevin Johnson led the scoring for Summit with 18 as the Knights had three other players in double figures with Jake Rawlings, Antonio Woods, and Holden Hertzel all eclipsing the ten point mark.
- Lakota West 56 Oak Hills 47: The Firebirds won their opener behind the scoring of junior wing Monty Boykins, who had 16 in the win. Senior forward Kayaune Ross added 12 for the Firebirds in the win. For Oak Hills senior forward Jack Pflum scored 15 in the loss.
- Sycamore 46 Milford 44: Senior post AJ Williams scored 14 points and grabbed 12 boards to lead the Aves to the upset victory. Junior post Garrett Mayleben led Milford with 14 points in the loss.
- Finneytown 64 Northwest 50: Tryin Warner scored 16 and Demarco Hunter added 15 as Finneytown got its first win of the win. Quez Evans led Northwest in the loss with 16 points and freshman PG Isaiah Jones opened with 10 points in his debut.
- McNicholas 66 Loveland 60: In a battle of senior shooters Loveland's Anthony LaMachia went off for 29 in the loss while McNick's Drew Hall scored 26 in the win. Austin Ernst also added on 15 points for the Rockets in their victory.
- Lockland 68 Clark 57: DJ Wingfield scored 15, Dylan Wedlock 17, and sophomore guard Tyrell Gilbert 16 as the Panthers got their first win of the season. Max Hassell led Clark with 14 in the loss.
- West High 83 Mt. Healthy 73: Keevin Tyus scored 24 and Bubba Hill 21 as the Mustangs outscored the Owls in a shootout. Mt. Healthy was led by four double figure scorers, most notable Terry Rocker with 18 points.
- North College Hill 54 CHCA 52: Senior PG Louis Walker scored 15 to pace NCH in a thriller. Senior wing Jamal Ivery continues his hot start as he scored 13 in the win. CHCA was led by the 25 points of senior SG Jon Price and the 20 points of junior guard Cody DiFabio.
- Shroder 69 Landmark Christian 37: Senior center Ladell Griffin led Shroder to their first win with 22 points and 10 rebounds.
- Badin 55 Madeira 46: Junior wing Andrew Benentendi led all scorers with 21 in a loss.