A major tilt between two highly talented purple teams will take place in Middletown, Fairfield tries to knock off another highly regarded challenger, and Mason plays a geographic rivalry game with an under the radar team…….
· Aiken @ Middletown: After a roller-coaster opening weekend the Falcons were off last week, so they have had ample time to prepare for the Middies (and the tough road atmosphere that they will face). On paper the teams seem fairly similar as both have talented starting lineups with little known depth at this point in the season. Fans will have their last opportunity to see CPHR’s top two guards in ’12 matchup as PG/SG Geovonie McKnight, of Middletown, will square up with Aiken SG Willie Moore. The key for Aiken will be defending sophomore SF Vincent Edwards as they will have to choose either the 6’6 Paul Woodson, who can match Edwards height and athleticism but would leave the Middie bigs with size advantages, or use 6’3 Austin Grimes, who has strength to bully Edwards but doesn’t have Edwards’ height.
o Prediction: Middletown is the favorite, but we’re still not quite sure what to expect from Aiken. We’ll take the Middies in this one but it should be close.
· Centerville @ Fairfield
· Mason @ Kings
· Bishop Fenwick @ Roger Bacon
· Summit @ Cincinnati Christian
· Elder @ Oak Hills
· CHCA @ Lockland
· North College Hill @ Seven Hills
· Milford @ Wilmington
· Shroder @ Mt. Healthy
· McNicholas @ Dayton Carroll