|Clark PG Max Hassell was the|
Hughes Holiday Tourney MVP
- Clark 65 Hughes 41: The Cougars won the title at the Hughes Holiday Classic by defeating the hosts with their overwhelming defensive pressure and transition offense. Senior guard Max Hassell continues to be the most improved guard in the city as he scored 21 points and won the MVP in the win. Sophomore guard Malik Rhodes is another improved player for Clark as he attacked the rim well with 8 points and 4 assists; Michael Gaines scored 10 points and David Burt 12 for the Cougars. Hughes was led by the 12 points of junior wing Terry Cook and the 10 points of sophomore PG Angel Rivera in the loss. Rivera was spectacular handling the ball against the Clark pressure but his teammates couldn't finish enough opportunities to get Hughes in the game past the second quarter. CPHR was also impressed with the energy and defense of Hughes sophomore forward Dwight Nared who tallied just 6 points but rebounded well and threw down a monster and-one two handed dunk in traffic.
- Withrow 75 Detroit Cass Tech 56: Junior forward Devin Williams got his 2nd MVP trophy in three days as Withrow finished 3-0 at the Motorcity Roundball Classic. Williams was the only double figure scorer in a balanced Withrow effort as he went for 31 points, 15 rebounds, and 5 assists in the win.
- Lakota West 79 Puliski County (KY) 70: Sophomore guard Tyler Williams' 14 points and 6 assists helped West pull out an overtime win in Lexington. Junior guard Ali Barnes added 23 points and junior swingman Monty Boykins tallied 15 in the win.
- Moeller 67 Sagemont (FL) 54: The Crusaders advanced in the Junior Orange Bowl Classic as they remain undefeated. Senior guard Ben Galemmo led Moeller with a hot shooting night leading to 22 points; while junior wing Josh Davenport had another big night with 20 points of his own.
- LaSalle 70 Oak Hills 41: A big third quarter opened the floodgates as the Lancers remain undefeated. LaSalle was led by Josh Lemons with 14 points, junior guard Connor Speed added on 12 points while sophomore guard Jeff Larkin scored 10 points.
- Middletown 68 St. Xavier 53: Sophomore wing Vincent Edwards scored 21 points with 11 rebounds, while senior guard Geovonie McKnight added 19, as the Middies rebounded from their loss to Moeller. Sophomore forward Roderick Mills led the Bombers with 14 points off the bench.
- Colerain 64 Northwest 57: Junior guard Deiontay Waiters led four double figure Cardinal scorers with 16 points as Colerain held off a Northwest comeback attempt. Junior guards Milt Davis and Kane Davis, along with senior wing Eli'sha Campbell were the other Colerain double digit scorers. Northwest was led in scoring by the 16 points of senior guard Quez Evans while junior wing Ramar Hairston added 13 and senior wing Chazz Gwinn scored 12.
- Mason 54 Milford 32: Senior guard JD Sprague led all scorers with 22 points while senior forward Mike Van Kleuen added 18 as the Comets cruised.
- Bishop Gorman (NV) 76 Lakota East 38: At the Beach Ball Classic in South Carolina the undermanned Thunderhawks, playing without their top two players in injured wings Mark Minch and Stedman Lowry, were no match for the consensus #1 player in the country in 6'7 SF Shabazz Muhammad. East was led in scoring by junior post Zack Panzeca with 10 points while Muhammad led all scorers with 22.
Be on the look out for the announcement of updated Triple Double Prospects
player rankings, coming mid next week!