|Josh Lemmons will be going at with Charlie Byers|
of Moeller on Friday night for GCL bragging rights.
- LaSalle @ Moeller: This one might match the Taft vs Withrow game in terms of anticipation, everyone in the city is talking about the first of the two match-ups between the #1 and #2 ranked teams in Ohio. Moeller desperately wants to defend its home court against the Lancers after losing to them at home last year. Look for this to be a clash of styles, Moeller is known throughout Ohio for their deliberate pace while LaSalle pushes the tempo more then any other GCL team. Moeller might have the edge in depth and size but LaSalle has better athleticism and so much experience in these kinds of games. Even though both of these teams are able to shoot lights out and fill up the score sheet expect it to be a defensive game, and an intense one at that.
- Prediction: The city seems to like LaSalle as a slight favorite, I'll take Moeller at home in the typical GCL thriller.
- Aiken @ Taft: Rematch from the first game of the season in which Taft blew out a Aiken team that couldn't get synchronized. Aiken showed last weekend in Dayton that they are capable of playing well together but Taft has been on a roll all season long.
- Prediction: Closer game then last time but Taft still wins convincingly.
Mason senior forward Brian CardenMiddletown @ Mason: A must win GMC game for both teams, as they both have taken a couple more losses then they would like to lately. Middletown seems like it is at the breaking point, if they can't gut out a good team performance here then they will be seen as a league disappointment. Mason has lost three games but they are all to elite teams. Middletown has the talent of an elite team, can Mason get over the hump and get it done?
- Prediction: It's tough to pick Middletown right now, gotta go with Mason.
- Woodward @ Withrow
- Shroder @ West High
- Norwood @ Winton Woods
- North College Hill @ Clark
- Lockland @ Summit
- Colerain @ Princeton
- St. Xavier @ Elder
- Walnut Hills @ Milford
- Roger Bacon @ Badin
- Oak Hills @ Lakota East
- Lakota West @ Sycamore
- Aiken @ Shroder
- Holmes @ Princeton
- Hughes @ Woodward
- West High @ Taft
- Seven Hills @ North College Hill