|Antonio Woods Jr and Kevin Johnson need to |
have a good game to defeat NCH Friday at Summit
- North College Hill @ Summit: Battle for the top spot in the MVC will be fought at Summit. NCH will bring their pressure but Summit seems like the team that is capable of handling it with their plethora of guards. Both teams play small and athletic lineups making this game one that will likely be played in the full court. Can't wait to see what Kevin Johnson and Greg Sevilla will try and do to each other in their hyped match-up. Jalen Render, NCH's star point guard, will try and take advantage of Antonio Woods (who is 3 years younger). If Woods can play sharp then Summit should be able to come out of this game atop the league standings.
- Prediction: Close call that can go either way, I think Summit wins this one late.
- Moeller @ St. Xavier: One of everyone's favorite league games each year, this should only serve as an appetizer for Moeller vs LaSalle. Moeller has a clear talent advantage this year and is playing great team ball. Ben Galemmo, Alex Barlow, Chuck Byers, and the rest of Moeller's scorers have too much talent to lose this game. But on the road in the GCL you never know....
- Prediction: Moeller wins easily.
- Aiken @ West High: A lot of talented guards will take the court on this one. These guards will probably cancel out so one spot that CPHR is interested in seeing is the post position where Aiken's Femi Thompson will go against West High's Josh Chancellor. Whoever wins this match-up will give their team a great chance to come out on top. The other interesting match-up is Austin Grimes of Aiken vs Keevin Tyus of West High in a battle of two talented athletes that play with a real fire.
- Prediction: Aiken wins this one in a close and intense battle.
- Shroder @ Taft: Great match-up inside between Adolphus Washington and Jalen Billups (both players made CPHR's Mid-Season All-City Team) that will have the fans talking. Shroder is one of few teams that has the size to compete inside but the perimeter is a major advantage for Taft.
- Prediction: Taft stays undefeated and wins this one.
- Withrow @ Hughes
- Seven Hills @ Lockland
Jeremiah Davis leads Huntington Prep
against Withrow on Saturday.Mason @ Colerain
- Lakota East @ Fairfield
- Hamilton @ Middletown
- Lakota West @ Oak Hills
- Sycamore @ Princeton
- Purcell Marian @ Roger Bacon
- Elder @ LaSalle
- Harrison @ Winton Woods
- Mt. Healthy @ Northwest
- Huntington Prep vs Withrow: Flyin' To The Hoop 3:30 PM
- Huntington Prep, considered to be one of if not the most talented team in the nation, is loaded with D1 prospects. They are led by Jeremiah Davis a 6-3 PG (signed with UC), Jaylen Beckham a 6-0 Jr PG ranked in the top 75 in the country, and Negus Webster-Clan a 6-6 Jr SF committed to Louisville. They also possess plenty of size in 6-9 Jr PF Stefan Jankovic, Sim Bhullar a 7-4 Canadian Jr C, Ibrahima Djimde a 6-9 Sr PF, and 6-5 Sr PG Maurice Anfieok of Nigeria. Aaron Thomas, Devin Williams, and the rest of the Withrow Tigers will have their work cut out for them in this one; but if they can beat Huntington Prep up and down the court they will have a chance.
- Prediction: Huntington Prep is too talented, they take this one.
- Hamilton SE vs Taft: Flyin' To The Hoop 5:15 PM
- Hamilton SE is led by Gary Harris a 6-4 Jr SG who is Indiana's top player and #16 in the country. They also have Zak Irvin a 6-5 sophomore PF who is considered a top 50 prospect. This should be an exciting match-up between two talented teams. We'll see what Harris is made of going against the pressure of Taft's suffocating defense.
- Prediction: Taft wins this one.
Gary Harris leads his team against TaftMadeira @ Finneytown
- Reading @ Indian Hill
- St. Xavier @ Hamilton
- Northwest @ Anderson
- Aiken vs Vandalia Butler (OH):Flyin' To The Hoop 3:00 PM
- Junior center Taylor Decker averages 15 points for the 8-2 Aviators from Vandalia, outside of Dayton. They do not have the athleticism to match Aiken's arsenal of speedsters. Aiken looks to have a tremendous talent advantage in this one.
- Prediction: Aiken
- Lakota East vs Lee (AL): Flyin' To The Hoop 11:30 AM
- 6-7 SF Devin Langford, an Illinois commit, led Lee to last years state title in Alabama. Lee always has top talent and they are a deep team capable of matching East.
- Prediction: Should be a good game, I'll take Lakota East though.
- Roger Bacon vs Bowling Green (OH):Flyin' To The Hoop 1:15 PM
- Bowling Green is led by 6'7 sophomore PF Vito Brown who is known as an athletic shot-blocker. This is a very winnable game for Bacon.
- Prediction: Roger Bacon wins comfortably.
- Lockland @ Yellow Springs