Another great day for Cincy teams out of town, we're really showing the country what we can do! Good luck to teams playing in championships tomorrow. A few pics from the Hughes Holiday Classic
Hughes '13 SG prospect Terry Cook Jr.Taft 65 James Island Charter (SC) 42: For the second straight night Taft knocked off one of South Carolina's top ranked teams at the Piggly-Wiggly Roundball Classic in Charleston. Adolphus Washington and Dwayne Stanford both had double-doubles, and Taft won with a balanced scoring attack featuring the normal star players.
- Middletown 73 North Oldham (KY) 48: Game two of the Gaslight Holiday Tournament in Kentucky went a little more smoothly for The Middies as they cruised. Geovonie McKnight, freshman forward Vince Edwards, and Mikey Brown all scored at least 15 points. Edwards is another freshman in the area to keep an eye on right now.
- Moeller 66 St. Mary's (AZ) 43: Crusaders are now 3-0 at The VisitMesa.com Challenge in Arizona. Senior guard Charlie Byers is still trying to get the college coaches to notice what he can do on the court. Chuck had another big night scoring 22 points in the blowout win.
- LaSalle 46 vs University School (FL) 44: LaSalle advanced to the championship at the Kingdom of the Sun Tournament in Florida, winning their first close game of the year. Josh Lemmons led LaSalle with 20 points and Brandon Neel added a dozen.
Clark junior power forward Paul WoodsonClark 70 vs Hughes 66: The Big Red couldn't get their first win at their Hughes Holiday Classic against Clark. Clark junior big man Paul Woodson was dominant inside scoring 15 points and grabbing 10 rebounds. Clark also got 15 points from senior guard CJ Taylor. Hughes got 29 points from senior wing Ryan Greene. Green was unstoppable in this one; he scored on threes, pull up jumpers, and finished every play on the break. Sophomore guard Terry Cook had another nice game with 14 points; Terry has really improved as a ball handler to balance out his nice shooting stroke. Freshman PG Aaron Oden of Hughes will be a very good player down the road, he showed some glimpses of the future tonight.
- Columbus Desales 62 Lakota West 46: Cincinnati struggled in the opener of The Hughes Holiday Classic. It was one of those nights for Lakota West as they struggled against DeSales pressure and depth. The lone bright spot was the play of Monty Boykins. Monty, a sophomore guard, connected on a few jumpers and was better attacking the rim then he been in the past, he finished with 15 points.
Ryan Greene- Hughes senior wingSummit 64 Walter Palmer Charter (PA) 48: After some weather delays Summit finally got to play their game at Philadelphia's Holy Ghost Prep Tournament. Summit won their first game of the day over Walter Palmer Charter, a prep school in downtown Philly. Star sophomore PG Kevin Johnson scored 35 points for Summit and only missed one shot from the field. KJ's name is starting to get mentioned with the elite guards in the state of Ohio regardless of class.
- Summit 61 Conwell Egan(PA) 43: Game two of the day for Summit at The Holy Ghost Prep Tournament in Philadelphia went much like the first one, Kevin Johnson went off! Kevin scored 15 points and help Egan's top scorer to only 6 points. Junior sharpshooter Tommy Kreyenhagen hit six three balls and finished with 23 points to help Summit finish the event at 2-0.
- Elder 53 Walnut Hills 50: Sophomore guards Sterling Gilmore and Kyree Burton led the way for the struggling, young Walnut squad. Gilmore scored 10 points and Burton addded 14.
- St. Xavier 68 Meadowdale 53: Zach Yauss, a 6-1 senior guard, scored 30 points on 10-14 shooting to lead the bomb squad to a win.