West High @ Withrow pictures
Aaron Thomas runs this city until
someone else proves otherwise.Withrow 68 West High 66: In the best game of this young season, both teams traded blows the entire fourth quarter. Darrell Bullock hit a floater to tie the game with less then twenty seconds, but Withrow's Aaron Thomas proved that he is the man in this city with a strong drive and two made free throws with only 5 seconds left to win it. The reason Withrow won was the second half play of Carl Porter; Carl was everywhere getting buckets, rebounds, blocks, diving on the floor, and making the crowd go crazy with two dunks. West High is for real though, although they still have doubters this team is one to watch as the season continues. Thomas finished with 22 for Withrow, Carl Porter had 19, and Kevin Jones scored 15. West High was led offensively by four guys who all had double figures. Keevin Tyus had another big game with 20, Bubba Hill hit shots all night and had 17, Darrell Bullock kept West High alive time after time and scored 16, and JaMarcus Crawford added 12 for the Mustangs.
- Winton Woods 64 Ross 44: Dennis Thomas scored 14 for the Warriors.
- Middletown 58 Fairfield 40: Kirby Wright, Josh Johnson, and G McKnight all scored in double figures for the Middies as they stayed unbeaten.
- Summit 66 Clark 64: Kevin Johnson scored 18 points and freshman Antonio Woods hit the game winning three with only four seconds left. Ryan Glass had 19 for Summit.
- Moeller 61 Elder 53: Chuck Byers led Moe with 24 points, Ben Galemmo added 10, and Alex Barlow had 11 for the Crusaders. Sophomore Josh Davenport scored 6 for Moeller.
- LaSalle 58 St. Xavier 43: Josh Lemmons led LaSalle with 14 points.
- Glen Este 70 Walnut Hills 54: Sophomores Sterling Gilmore, Kyree Burton, and Isiah Johnson combined for 30 points in a Walnut loss.
- Aiken 73 Hughes 50: Austin Grimes had 26 points and 16 rebounds to lead Aiken. Mikey Thompson and Femi Thompson both scored in double figures for Aiken. Ryan Greene led Hughes with 19.
- Sycamore 46 Hamilton 43: Kevin Clark again led the Aves with 15 points.
- Princeton 54 Lakota West 35: Lionel Hill had 18 and Ulysses Thomas 13 for Princeton.
- Anderson 59 Turpin 45: Anderson dominated this rivalry game and stay undefeated.
- Colerain 50 Oak Hills 32: Thomas Schneider had another nice night with 17 in a loss.
- Roger Bacon 63 McNicholas 47: Paul Byrd had 18 for Bacon and Jabriel Coaston added 16.