One CMAC game Thursday, before Shroder heads out of town for a weekend tournament, and several big games Friday gives CPHR a lot of previewing to do. There should be a lot of intense matchups, great crowds, big plays, and great finishes among these games. Check back in Thursday and Friday night for pictures, scores, stats, commentary, and more from these games; as well as previews of Saturday's action.
|Can anyone stop Jalen|
Billups from doing this?
- Woodward @ Shroder: Woodward's star power forward Trent Donald vs Jalen Billups of Shroder, enough said! Shroder has talent advantages at the point guard spot, on the wing, and with their overall supply of big's; but Billups vs Donald is worth the price of admission. Woodward is known for competing every second of every game and that will not change in this one. Shroder will have to find a way to match their toughness. Shroder has the major talent advantage but that doesn't necessarily mean a win.
- Prediction: Woodward leads at the half but Shroder comes back and wins.
- Clark @ Summit: This one has MVC title implications, and we're still in December. Two undefeated league teams will do battle Friday at Summit. It should be a highlight reel type of fight between Kevin Johnson of Summit and Clark's Alphonso Upshaw. Down low Summit's front line will have to contain Paul Woodson, who is averaging a double double. The crowd could make a real difference here for Summit in the biggest game of the young season.
- West High @ Withrow: If West High wants to prove that they're for real then here is their chance. This game should be a high intensity match up. Down low it will be a war between Devin Williams of Withrow and the entire West High front line (that is deep and more talented then people realize). West High might have the advantage with guards but they have no one on the wing that will be able to slow down Aaron Thomas, if AT gets hot this game won't be close. The wild-card in this game will be JaMarcus Crawford, if he can come out and hit shots then it will come down to the wire.
- Prediction: West High comes very, very close but Withrow wins their home opener.
- Hughes @ Aiken: Interesting game in the CMAC. Aiken is coming off of a really disappointing loss to Sycamore, so this will be the classic “How will they respond” game. If they put the loss behind them then Aiken will cruise, if not then it's anyone's game. Expect Hughes to use the familiar game-plan against Aiken; slow the game down, pack it in and make them shoot, keep Austin Grimes off the glass, and don't turn the ball over to let them run. If Hughes can execute, and Terry Cook and Aaron Oden can keep producing then it will be close for at least a half.
- Prediction: Aiken comes out strong and wins comfortably.