|Woodward's Trent Donald|
Games this Friday are headlined by three CMAC clashes as well as a potential upset in the GCL. Scroll to the bottom because this whole slate of games is loaded with great matchups:
- Withrow @ Shroder: Shroder can't afford to go 0-2 in the CMAC, but there aren't many tougher opponents then Withrow. Should be a war inside between Devin Williams of Withrow and Jalen Billups of Shroder. At the point spot expect Trey Dees to rebound from a below average performance against Aiken and really step up. If Kairo Cannon, Ahmir Cummings, and the rest of Shroder's perimeter players can hit shots (and they can somehow find a way to contain Aaron Thomas) Shroder has a chance. The man to watch for Withrow will be power forward Carl Porter who is a tough matchup for Shroder.
- West High @ Woodward: The toughest Friday night contest to call. Should be a packed gym over at Woodward and that might make the difference. We will see a balanced West High squad against a Woodward team led by Trent Donald and supported by the improving Zecheriah Mustafa. This game could go either way and is critical to both teams as they try to avoid two early league losses.
- Hughes @ Taft: Hughes came out and really battled against Woodward, leaving the league coaches to think that they can hang with the talented teams. Taft has to get ready for a major test on Saturday against Louisville Male, so an upset is possible. On the other hand, Taft has much more talent and experience, they also have several mismatches inside and out.
- Prediction: Taft wins big.
- LaSalle @ Bishop Fenwick: Potential trap game for the Lancers. Coaches are saying that this is Fenwick's year and that is a tough environment to play in. Fenwick is led by senior guard Brent Langhorne who helped lead them to a 16-5 record last year. LaSalle will need their A game on Friday.
- Prediction: LaSalle seems like a team that will rise to challenges all year. LaSalle by ten.
- Other Big Games Friday:
- Summit @ Lockland: Matchup between top 5 2013 prospects Kevin Johnson and Dontonio Wingifield Jr; Lockland cannot afford to start the season 0-3.
- Middletown @ Sycamore: Middletown tries to stay undefeated against the Ave's.
- Kettering Alter @ Moeller: Dayton's best '13 player, PG Jarron Simmons, comes to town.
- Wyoming @ Madeira: League game that could have CHL title implications down the road.
- Mason @ Lakota West: Two evenly matched GMC teams trying to move up the ladder.
- Hamilton @ Lakota East: East has to avoid a let down after a big win on Tuesday.
- Princeton @ Oak Hills: Princeton can't afford to lose two league games in one week.
- Anderson @ Wilmington: Tough venue for the season opener for Anderson.
Check back in tomorrow for a preview of Saturday's biggest games.