|Summit's Kevin Johnson and Lockland's|
Dontonio Wingfield Jr.- Two big time prospects
- Summit 58 Lockland 46: Summit seems to finally be finding their rhythm, they took a double digit lead early in this one and never looked back; leading by twenty at one point. Kevin Johnson played a great overall game with 13 points, and he had plenty of rebounds, steals, assists, and was great on the defensive end (holding Dontonio Wingfield Jr. to just 8 points). Tommy Kreyenhagen found his stroke and scored 19 for Summit while Jack Gustofson scored 11. Milt Davis and Antonio Woods did a nice job controlling the pace of the game and handling Lockland's pressure. Mike Barwick and Ryan Glass were tough inside against the bigger and more athletic Lockland front line. Pictures from this game.
Keevin Tyus is blowing up this season
over at West High. Two 20 point games already.West High 78 Woodward 71: Was able to catch the fourth quarter of this one after driving over from Lockland. Talk about an intense atmosphere. Both teams really got after it; Woodward cruised to a 16 point half time lead but then West High came out with a 29-4 run. The game went back and forth in the last two minutes until Marquez Carpenter launched a deep pass to Keevin Tyus for a game sealing dunk. Tyus finished with 20 points, as did Bubba Hill for West High. Josh Chancellor also gave them 14 big points, and Cortez Adams had 8. For Woodward, senior guard Demetrius Pruitt had a game high 25 points.
- Withrow 67 Shroder 55: Aaron Thomas scored 27 points for Withrow in a typical dominant performance. Carl Porter also came up big for Withrow with 13 points, rebounds, blocks, steals, and his usual high flying dunks. Jalen Billups had 18 points for Shroder and Kairo Cannon contributed 20.
- Taft 88 Hughes 51: Adolphus Washington scored 17 and Kadeem Palmer 14 for Taft. The Lowe brothers each scored 9, Ra'Saan Jackson scored 10, and Dwayne Stanford 8. Freshman Aaron Oden and sophomore Terry Cook each had 15 for Hughes.
- LaSalle 63 Bishop Fenwick 37: The Lancers put up a convincing win at Fenwick. Trey Casey scored 13 and Josh Lemmons and Brandon Neel both put up 15 points for LaSalle.
- Other Scores:
- Moeller 58 Alter 47: Charlie Byers scored 19 for Moeller, Cody Wacker had 13, Alex Barlow 10, and Joshua Davenport scored 8.
- Middletown 50 Sycamore 34: Josh Johnson had 13 for The Middies in an emotional game.
- Mason 61 Lakota West 41: Phil Cooke scored 18 in a loss. JD Sprague had 17 for Mason.
- Lakota East 69 Hamilton 39: Corey Wise scored 12 in a loss. Cameron Lee led a balanced East attack with 13.
- Princeton 77 Oak Hills 41
- Anderson 62 Wilmington 55
- St. Xavier 65 Carroll 42
- Fairfield 42 Colerain 40
- Badin 67 Northwest 50
- Norwood 49 Talawanda 38: Deontez McGee scored 17