|What will Landen Gaulden|
do in his return at Aiken?
Friday, December 3rd, 2010:
- Aiken @ Taft (game will be played at Withrow):
- Expect this to as exciting as last year's opening contest. Aiken is out to prove that they can still win without Aaron Thomas, while Taft wants to show that they haven't lost a step from last year's really successful team. One of the questions is how well will freshman PG Tyonte Robertson for Aiken handles the defensive pressure of Taft (particularly Orlando Berry Jr)? Expect Tyonte to settle in and do just fine but it will be interesting early. This game will probably come down to offensive tempo; is Taft's interior based offense led by Adolphus Washington and Dwayne Stanford able to dominate or will it be Aiken's up and down game led by Gene Primus, Willy Moore, Landen Gaulden, and Austin Grimes?
Adolphus Washington will be a tough
matchup down low against AikenPrediction: Will be a great game, expect lots of runs. Taft finds a way to pull it out late.
- Withrow @ Woodward:
- This game is extremely intriguing for two reason: First, the Withrow Tiger debut of top 50 player Aaron Thomas; and second, the matchup down low of star sophomores (and AAU teammates) Devin Williams of Withrow and Trent Donald of Woodward. Thomas should be able to have his way with The Bulldogs. As for the big men, both will probably be able to score on the each other about equally. A storyline to follow is how well Withrow can work in it's main role players such as Carl Porter, Kevin Jones, and Rozelle Nix to go with Thomas and Williams. For Woodward it should be nice to see Demetrius Pruitt back in the CMAC and it will be interesting to watch PG Mark Durrgan play against his former school.
- Prediction: Withrow has too much talent for Woodward to handle. Withrow wins big.
- Other big games:
- Dayton Northmont @ Moeller
- West High @ Oak Hills
- Summit @ Reading
- Finneytown @ Roger Bacon
Saturday, December 4th, 2010:
- Shroder @ Aiken:
- A more in depth preview of this game will go up following a look at Aiken on Friday night but this should be another good game, and another tough test on a brutal schedule for Aiken. Shroder has a chance to be very good and they will be out for blood against The Swoop. Check back in Saturday morning for the scoop on what to expect........
- Lockland @ North College Hill:
- A big time battle for early season MVC bragging rights. Everyone is eager to see the Lockland debut of DJ Wingfield.
- Prediction: Wingfield has his way but NCH pulls out the win in a close game.
- Other big games: More info on both these games after seeing Friday's results.
- Woodward @ Hughes (first game in the new Hughes gym)
- Taft @ West High