After a weekend of blowouts in the first-round the action CPHR is expecting some much more competitive games in the sectional semi-finals. With a full slate on Tuesday and a must-see game on Wednesday there are plenty of opportunities for local hoops fans to catch some action…..
· Winton Woods vs Ross: Lakota West 6:30
· Middletown vs St. Xavier: Lakota West 8:00
· Mason vs Mt. Healthy: Fairfield 6:30
· Withrow vs Milford: Fairfield 8:00
· Walnut Hills vs West High: Hamilton 6:30 – Some people in the city are calling upset, citing the Mustangs size and athleticism as a potential problem for the higher seeded Eagles. The guard matchups of Lionel Hill and Darrell Bullock vs Ricardo Hill and Sterling Gilmore should be exciting to watch. Who for Walnut will be able to slow down West High senior wing Keevin Tyus? If Tyus can have more of an impact in the game then Walnut center Isaiah Johnson then the Mustangs have a chance.
o Prediction: Walnut Hills out-executes the Mustangs and wins by ten.
· Princeton vs Sycamore: Hamilton 8:00
· Indian Hill vs McNicholas: Mason 6:30
· Aiken vs Wilmington: Mason 8:00
· Shroder vs Roger Bacon: Western Brown 6:30
· North College Hill vs Ripley: Western Brown 8:00
· Franklin vs Dayton Chaminade Julienne: Trent Arena in Kettering 6:30 – The most anticipated mid week game in the state with two of Ohio’s top Division II teams meeting. With three seniors signed with Northern Kentucky University next year in Franklin forwards Jacob and Justin Rossi and CJ forward John Staley familiarity will be at a premium. The other exciting matchup will be two of the states premiere young guards in CJ sophomore Justin Bibbs and Franklin freshman Luke Kennard. This one could easily go either way.
o Prediction: CJ is playing great basketball but Franklin is undefeated and CPHR expects them to stay that way.
· Summit vs CHCA: Turpin 6:30
· Reading vs Finneytown: Turpin 8:00
· Madeira vs Deer Park: Monroe 6:30
· Clark vs Badin: Monroe 8:00 – Two contrasting styles will match up as the deliberate Badin Rams will take on the fast paced Clark Cougars. This game will have a District Final feel with two very good teams meeting early.
o Prediction: Clark wins a close game.
· LaSalle vs Glen Este: Lakota West 6:30
· Fairfield vs Colerain: Lakota West 8:00
· Moeller vs Amelia: Hamilton 6:30
· Turpin vs Lakota West: Hamilton 8:00 – By far the most exciting game on Wednesday as two teams with big time firepower meet up in an elimination game, with the winner more then likely facing Moeller next. If Turpin sophomore guard Zach McCormick and West junior guard Monty Boykins cancel each other out then the rest of the matchups will decide the game. The remaining talent on Turpin is frontline oriented in forwards Adam Boyer and Connor Grotton, along with guard Mitch Stevens; while the talent on West is guard based with Tyler Williams and Ali Barnes. Whichever position group is more dominant of their opponent could decide the outcome.
o Prediction: Tough one to project, CPHR is going to take Turpin but we’re guessing.
· Batavia vs Taft: Mason 8:00