In one of the fullest slates of the season there are four big time Tuesday games, with major post-season implications involved in all of them….
· Summit @ Taft: The one that everyone wants to see, unfortunately it is going to be played in a small venue as Summit will travel downtown to face the Senators. With the Silver Knights rolling in undefeated, and the Senators undefeated against Cincinnati opponents, something will have to give here. Summit has the guard play to neutralize the Taft pressure and a game plan to beat the Senators, remember a lesser Summit team came within one point of beating Taft to go to the Final Four last year; but do they have the interior depth to bang with Adolphus Washington for 32 minutes? The Silver Knights are capable of pulling the upset but will need their wings, like senior Tommy Kreyenhagen, to get hot.
o Prediction: Definitely a winnable game for Summit, their discipline should allow them to breakdown the Taft press. Common sense says that Taft is the favorite, and until someone beats them in the city they will remain that. Taft wins in a close game.
· Fairfield @ Mason: Both teams find themselves two games back from leading Middletown heading into the final few games of GMC play. Mason needs this win more because they still have a shot at the Middies, in Mason arena, next week. Whoever loses this game will be completely out of the GMC title competition.
o Prediction: Mason is reeling a little bit right now but finds a way to get it done.
· Aiken @ Dayton Thurgood Marshall: With the season winding down the Falcons are still in search of a signature victory. Like Thurgood they have been up and down over the last few months and have been victims of a brutal schedule. Last year Aiken was able to handle the Cougars in Cincinnati, but traveling to Dayton to play is a whole different scenario. The highlight of this should be the matchup of two of the state’s elite shooting guards. Top ranked Willie Moore of Aiken will go head to head with Wright State signee Joe Thomasson, who might be playing the best ball of any player in Dayton right now. Whoever wins that matchup will give their team a great chance of winning.
o Prediction: Aiken has had this coming for a long time; they get their signature win against a similar team on the road in an intense game.
· Princeton @ Middletown: Like Fairfield and Mason the Vikings sit two games behind Middletown in the GMC standings heading down the stretch. The last time these two teams met it took overtime for Middletown to earn the victory; expect another close game here. Seniors Deion Isham and De’arius Young are playing great ball for Princeton; if they turn in another high level performance then the Vikings can win this game. Middletown’s scenario is basic, win two of your last three games and you win the league; plain and simple.
o Prediction: Middletown comes out on their home floor focused on the goal of an outright GMC title and gets the win, although watch Princeton put up a fight.
· Lakota East @ Lakota West
· Milford @ Anderson
· Colerain @ Sycamore
· Oak Hills @ Hamilton
· Indian Hill @ Deer Park
· Lockland @ West High
· Roger Bacon @ Kettering Alter
· LaSalle @ Badin
· Bishop Fenwick @ Moeller
· Elder @ McNicholas
· Clark @ Mt. Healthy
· Walnut Hills @ Kings
· Harrison @ Winton Woods
· Turpin @ Glen Este