A shocking upset was in the works, but didn't quite happen, as the Crusaders struggled with Aiken; also, some very competitive games at the Bluegrass-Buckeye Charity Classic......
- Moeller 57 Aiken 51: CPHR’s top division I team the Moeller Crusaders was in a battle all night with the Falcons from Aiken. Aiken took a 29-24 halftime lead and from that point on it was a game of two huge Moeller runs that proved to be the difference in this one. With 5:31 left in the third the Falcons had a 10 point lead and that’s when Moeller went on their first run, scoring 11 straight points to take a 35-34 lead. Tied at 39 all going into the fourth quarter Moeller put together a 9-0 run to take a 48-39 lead. Aiken managed to put together a late rally and with 42 seconds to go a steal and quick score by Aikens starting guard Willie Moore put the game at 53-51 with 32 seconds left. From that point on Moeller used their clutch free throw shooting to finish the weekend with its 2nd win in as many days. Moeller Junior Wing Josh Davenport continued his domination this season finishing with a game high 26 points. Aiken was lead by senior guard Willie Moore who struggled to get good shots all night finishing with 12 points and Junior Wing Austin Grimes finished with 16 points.
- Recap by CPHR student intern Daniel Watkins
- Colerain 68 Covington Catholic 60: The Cardinals pulled off an overtime win at the Bluegrass-Buckeye Charity Classic behind the sharpshooting of junior guard Milt Davis, who poured in 25 points in the win. Cov Cath was led by the 22 points of junior guard Nick Fredrick in the loss.
- Dixie Heights 66 Lakota West 61: The Colonels pulled away late to beat a feisty Firebirds play behind the overall play of NKY's top player in sophomore Brandon Hatton who scored 25 points, grabbed 9 rebounds, dished out 5 assists, and had 3 steals in the win. Junior guard Monty Boykins led West with 20 points and 6 rebounds in the loss at the Bluegrass-Buckeye Charity Classic.
- Fairfield 66 Lockland 44: Brandon Murphy scored 17 points, Jeff Woods 15, and James Turner 11 as the Indians senior laden team rolled to an easy victory. Junior wing DJ Wingfield led Lockland with 10 points in the loss.
- St. Xavier 47 Hamilton 43: Charles English, a senior guard, had a perfect shooting night which ended with him leading all scorers with 16 points in a Bombers win.
- Northwest 64 Anderson 54: The 12 points and 9 rebounds of junior post Kevin Worsham led a balanced Knights scoring attack in a home court victory.
- LaSalle 69 Christian County (KY) 35: The Lancers cruised to an easy victory at the Bluegrass-Buckeye Charity Classic.