It’s getting to the point of the year where conference titles can be decided on one heave of the ball. With huge games at Turpin, Mason, and Lakota West on Wednesday area coaches will have their eyes not only on their own boxscores, but everyone’s as tournament seeding is rapidly approaching.
· Walnut Hills @ Turpin: The Eagles won game one in what was one of the most talked about games of the early part of the season, if the Eagles can win the rematch they will be comfortable in the driver’s seat of the FAVC-East. With last game coming down to a buzzer beater turn-around heave don’t expect much of a margin in this one. Turpin has the home-court advantage this time and thus a slight, slight edge with two evenly matched but very different teams.
o Prediction: Turpin has risen to the challenge all season long. CPHR thinks that they will take this one at home.
· Princeton @ Mason: The Comets have moved into #1 in the city, meaning they will now be circled on everyone’s calendar. Who would’ve thought that going into this game we would be calling a Princeton win a major upset? That’s exactly what it is as an up-and-down Vikings squad looks for a signature win to give them tournament momentum. Darrin Harris, Mason’s star senior forward, is the matchup nightmare here. Who does Princeton have that is both mobile enough and strong enough to stop him?
o Prediction: Princeton’s talent keeps it close for a half, Mason wins by ten.
· Fairfield @ Lakota West: Two of the surprise teams of the GMC that are both playing well right now. West has had some big moments but to string together wins against Middletown and then Fairfield would really have the fans excited. Fairfield wants to remain in the hunt for a league title, and needs to win this game to do so. Give West the edge with the star power of Monty Boykins and company, but Fairfield has more quality depth.
o Prediction: Should be a good game, we’ll take Fairfield but it could go either way.
· Middletown @ Lakota East
· Colerain @ Hamilton
· Oak Hills @ Sycamore
· Dayton Carroll @ Moeller
· LaSalle @ Chaminade Julienne
· Elder @ Bishop Fenwick
· Winton Woods @ Northwest
· Summit @ Seven Hills
· North College Hill @ CHCA
· Wilmington @ Milford
· Goshen @ Hughes