Malcom Smith was Princeton's leading scorer tonight.Princeton 68 West High 47: Huge statement made by the Vikings in a game that was never close, and they did it with their top scorer, Ulysses Thomas, sidelined with an injury. Malcom Smith and Marcus Monterio were both hot tonight as Smith scored 15 points and Monterio 11. Lionel Hill was very productive attacking the basket and added 13 points, Deion Isham scored 9, Jay McCants 8, and Dorian Jordan totaled 5 points and 7 assists in one of his better games. West High was led by Keevin Tyus' 14 points and Darrell Bullock's 12 in a disappointing loss. Princeton advances to play Elder on Saturday at UC.
- St. Xavier 50 Loveland 20: Freshman Roderick Mills, who scored 7 points, was extremely impressive in the first varsity game that CPHR has had a chance to see him play. Mills showed a good understanding of when to pick his spots to attack in St. Xavier's disciplined offense and was active on the glass as well. Once he gains strength and adds a little more to his ball skills the sky is the limit for this young player.
6'6 Freshman wing Roderick Mills has a bright future at St. XAiken 62 Little Miami 44: Austin Grimes scored 12, Willy Moore 11, Gene Primus 11, and Landen Gaulden 9 to lead Aiken who advances to play LaSalle on Saturday at XU.
- Lakota East 72 Hughes 26: Mark Minch scored 15 and Mike Boyd 13 as East cruised. East advances to play St. Xavier on Saturday at XU.
- Elder 49 Colerain 48: Corey Cason led the Panthers with 13 points in the win. Elder advances to play Princeton at UC on Saturday.
- LaSalle 87 Amelia 30: Brandon Neel led LaSalle with 21 points and 13 boards. The Lancers advance to play Aiken on Saturday at XU.
- Roger Bacon 95 New Richmond 33: In the win JaBriel Coaston scored 18 points, Gavin Schumann 15, Jared Bryant 14, and Paul Byrd 8.The Spartans advance to play Finneytown at Mason on Saturday.
- Reading 44 Badin 26: The Blue Devils advance to play Clark on Friday at XU.
- Summit 68 Williamsburg 43: Kevin Johnson was the leading scorer for Summit with 22 points in the blowout win. The Knights advance to play Shroder on Friday at XU.
- Shroder 58 Felicity 28: The Jaguars advance to play Summit at XU on Friday.
- Clark 71 Ripley 45: The Cougars advance to play Reading on Friday at XU.
- Finneytown 80 Clermont NE 62: The Wildcats advance to play Roger Bacon on Saturday at Mason.
Mar 2, 2011
Wednesday Sectional Semi-Final Results:
Lots of blowouts tonight from the top teams as they tune up for this weekend's sectional finals: Photos
Posted by Corey @ CPHR at 10:52 PM