|Carl Porter posted a great stat line for Withrow tonight.|
Note: Our exclusive interview with Semaj Christon is being re-edited to add on more of the questions and some effects. That interview will be re-posted in its entirety tomorrow.
- Moeller 51 Fairfield 45: The Indians looked poised to pull an upset when they led at the half and then regained the lead with 2 minutes remaining on a three pointer from Devon Barlow; but Charlie Byers thought otherwise. Byers went in the post and was dominant, while also converting his free throws, and Moeller held on to win a close and intense contest. Byers, who put the Crusaders up for good at the line with :45 remaining, scored 19 points and Josh Davenport added 8. Fairfield was led by Devon Barlow, Marcus Jones, and Brandon Murphy who all scored 9 points. CPHR would like to commend the energetic and enthusiastic play of Fairfield and recognize coach Tim Austin for a doing a great job in his first season at the helm.
- Lakota East 45 St. Xavier 32: The Bomb squad was able to hang around through three quarters, the game was tied at 26 after three, but East just had too much depth for them to get a upset win. The fourth quarter play of Cameron Lee and Jalen Goodwin, along with Mike Boyd was exceptional tonight as East advanced to the district final round. Lee and Goodwin each scored 10 points while Boyd added 7. X was led by Sean Duggan's 10 points.
Brandon Neel scored a game high 24 points against Aiken.Withrow 51 Mason 46: The Tigers out-rebounded Mason by 22 en route to the win in which they initially trailed 12-0. Withrow looked to have control of the game until 5 quick points from Mason left the score at 33-32 Withrow entering the fourth. The fourth quarter was all Withrow however as their switch from a laid back zone to a pressuring defense changed the game. Aaron Thomas and Carl Porter were excellent tonight for Withrow. Thomas scored 18 while Porter totaled 20 points, 7 boards, 5 blocks, and 3 steals. Devin Williams added 6 points and 13 rebounds for Withrow. Mason got 14 points from Mike Van Kleinnen, 12 from JD Sprague, and Ethan King added 7 points and 7 dimes.
- LaSalle 72 Aiken 56: The Lancers blew the game wide open in the second half thanks to their signature pressure defense and fast paced offense. Brandon Neel was unstoppable tonight, he scored 24 points, grabbed 5 boards, and had 5 assists. Josh Lemons scored 16 points for LaSalle while Ryan Fleming and Trey Casey each added 12. Aiken was led by Austin Grimes who scored 17 points, Keron Hicks scored 12, Femi Thompson 10, and Landen Gaulden 9.
East couldn't have won without the 4th quarter play of Cam Lee.Winton Woods 63 Middletown 42: Semaj Christon totaled 6 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, and 7 steals in the blowout win. A 13-2 run in the second quarter busted this game, which was considered to be the the most intriguing of all today's contests, wide open for good. Mark Ellison led Winton Woods with 18 points and 8 boards and Dion Dearmond added on 12 points. Middletown was led by Zach Edwards' 11 points in the disappointing loss.
- Princeton 52 Elder 38: Malcom Smith scored 20 points off the bench to lead the Vikings who jumped out to an early lead and never looked back. Lionel Hill added 9 points and Dorian Jordan 8 for Princeton. Corey Cason and Alex Viox each scored 10 points for Elder.
- Roger Bacon 72 Finneytown 62: Jared Bryant led the Spartans with 27 points and 11 rebounds while Gavin Schumann added on 22 points in the win.
- North College Hill 40 McNicholas 37