As the playoffs move up to Dayton the action gets more and more intense. CPHR is hoping our boys can take care of business and come back for regional play. Some very intriguing matchups highlight this schedule including a third game between Lakota East and Princeton as well as Winton Woods getting a chance to upset Huber Heights Wayne. Can Withrow, Moeller, and LaSalle do what needs to be done to get the win in their games? Also, CPHR would like to recognize the small but mighty Miami Valley Conference who has 5 teams (North College Hill, Summit, Clark, Lockland, and Seven Hills) playing in district final games this week.
- Withrow vs Troy: Saturday @ UD 11:00- Troy finished second in their division and is now 16-6 heading into this game. They are led by senior SG Lance Carter's 18 points a game. Withrow will be the favorite in this one as long as they can control the tempo like they did in the second half against Mason.
- Prediction: Withrow gets it done.
- Moeller vs Trotwood Madison: Saturday @ UD 2:00- Trotwood is 18-5 on the year, with four of those losses coming to AP ranked Ohio teams. They are led by junior point guard Andre Yates who averages 15 points a game. Moeller needs to recover from their close-call win over Fairfield but they will be the favorites in this one.
- Prediction: Should be a really physical game in which Moeller wears Trotwood down and gets the win.
- Winton Woods vs Huber Heights Wayne: Saturday @ UD 3:45- HHW is one of Ohio's top teams, only losing one game so far (to Lakota East in December). They are led by Michigan State signee Travis Trice, their PG, who averages 24 points per game while senior SF Markus Crider (a Providence signee) gives them an inside-outside presence with averages of 14 points and 11 rebounds. Winton Woods is playing really well this year and has a chance at the upset but Wayne will be the favorite.
- Prediction: Winton Woods run comes to an end, Wayne gets the win in a close game.
- LaSalle vs Meadowdale: Saturday @ UD 7:00 - Meadowdale is 14-8 on the season and led by wing Rich Weaver and guard Nick Thornton. They have had a good year so far but it does not look like they will match up well with LaSalle's style of play.
- Prediction: LaSalle makes it back to Cincy for the regionals.
- Lakota East vs Princeton: Saturday @ UD 8:45- By far the most difficult district game to predict. East has been great all year with only 1 loss, and has found ways to win close games time after time. Princeton has lost to East twice already, but they had opportunities to get the win both times. Princeton has looked very impressive over the last few games of the regular season and the sectional rounds. It is never easy to beat a team three times in one season, Princeton players have to be really excited for this opportunity.
- Prediction: CPHR took Lakota East each of the first two times these teams met and that held true, so why change now? Lakota East wins another very, very close rivalry game.
- North College Hill vs Thurgood Marshall: Wednesday @ UD 5:30- Thurgood has only lost 5 games all year, two of which were to powerhouse Dayton Dunbar. Marshall also posted a blowout win over Withrow only a month ago. They are led by forward Joe Thomasson and guard Jordan Watson. They should be favored to come out of the region and advance to Columbus with their talent, depth, athleticism being too much for NCH to handle.
- Prediction: NCH puts up a fight but Thurgood gets the win.
- Roger Bacon vs St. Paris Graham Local: Wednesday @ UD 9:00- St. Paris made the district final by upsetting heavily favored Bellefontaine in the sectional title game. They have only lost 5 games on the year and went undefeated in their league. Despite all that, Roger Bacon does appear to be favored in this game.
- Prediction: Roger Bacon gets the win.
- Summit vs Jamestown Greenview: Thursday @ UD 5:30- Greenview upset AP ranked Miami East in the sectional final and has teetered on the verge of the rankings all season long. This should be an even match up of talent but not styles. If Summit can control the paint against the bigger Greenview players, like they did against Shroder, then this game should be theirs to win.
- Prediction: Summit
- Taft vs Waynesville: Thursday @ UD 7:00- Another team that shouldn't pose too much of a threat to the Senators, especially given the way that they are playing right now.
- Prediction: Taft in another blowout.
- Clark vs Versailles: Thursday @ UD 8:30- Clark is having its finest season in memory and playing with a real swagger. They're probably slight underdogs in this game and they're certainly comfortable playing that role, as they did in their win over Reading.
- Prediction: Clark finds a way to get it done using their athleticism advantage.
- Lockland vs Houston: Friday @ UD 7:00- Houston upset heavily favored Fort Loramie to reach this matchup with the Panthers, who simply own UD Arena; they've won the last 6 district titles. DJ Wingfield, Dylan Wedlock and the rest of the team don't want to be the ones to let that streak come to an end.
- Prediction: Lockland
- Seven Hills vs Dayton Jefferson: Friday @ UD 8:30- No one has gotten more out of less this season then Seven Hills coach Willy Hill, but, he will have his work cut out for him against Jefferson who is ranked #1 in the state and is the favorite to take home the title. Max Davis, Miles Hill and company will have to be on fire to keep the Stingers in this one.
- Prediction: Jefferson overpowers Seven Hills.