- Middletown 65 Moeller 45: The Crusaders are undefeated no more, the state's top ranked team lost convincingly at the Miller gymnasium tonight. Geovonie McKnight was spectacular, scoring 24 points (10-12 FT's) and grabbing 10 rebounds while Kirby Wright scored 20 points and also had 10 boards. Geovonie is just such an athletic and intense presence that he wins most matchups off sheer intimidation. McKnight and Wright were two possessed players tonight who refused to allow their team to lose, in a game that Middletown controlled from start to finish. Vincent Edwards, a freshman forward, is not quite there yet offensively but his 6 rebounds were huge in helping Middletown establish a physical presence. Moeller was not able to overcome the fierce pressure of the Middies and execute their offense all game as Charlie Byers was held to 7 points and Alex Barlow 2. McKnight was all over sharpshooter Ben Galemmo, only allowing him to make one three pointer. The only bright spot tonight for Moeller was the play of sophomore wing Josh Davenport. Davenport scored 17 points (6-8 FG's and 5-5 FT's) and grabbed 8 boards. CPHR has seen Moeller live three times this year and every single time Davenport seems to have improved dramatically. Look for him to continue that strong play in the tournament and to take it to another level during the AAU season. The crowd stormed the court at the conclusion of this game, which was the Middies 7th straight win. Coaches beware, the Middies will be a tough out in the upcoming tournament.
Josh DavenportSt. Xavier 52 Oak Hills 43: Sean Duggan led the Bombers with 16 in the win.
- Princeton 51 Elder 38: Ulysses Thomas led the Vikings with 13 in the win
- Withrow 39 Fairfield 35: Carl Porter led Withrow with 20 points and 10 boards in the win.
- Colerain 67 Hughes 52: Khari Pleasant led the Cards with 13 points in the win. Hughes got 16 points from Terry Cook and Shaquille Prather.
- West High 68 Shroder 66: Keevin Tyus led the Mustangs with 29 in the win to keep them tied for second place in the CMAC. Darrell Bullock was next for West High with 15 points. Jalen Billups led Shroder with 21 points and Randale Griffith added 12.
- Northwest 79 Edgewood 49: Melvin Hunter went off for 27 points in the win.
- Turpin 54 Loveland 43: Connor Grotton led Turpin with 16 points and Adam Boyed added on 13 points in a win.
- Kings 71 Milford 65: Johnny Brewster led Kings with 25 in an upset win.
- Walnut Hills 45 Little Miami 39: Benson Browne and Isiah Johnson each scored 10 points in the Walnut win. Senior wing Alex McGlothin scored 7 points in his first game of the year, after coming off of a torn ACL