Bryan Porter led Colerain to a comeback
win to keep the Cardinal's season alive.Roger Bacon 92 Batavia 35: Jared Bryant led Bacon with 23 points while JaBriel Coaston added 17 points and 9 boards in the win. Bacon advances to play New Richmond on Wednesday.
- Clermont NE 54 Wyoming 49: CNE will play Finneytown on Wednesday night.
- Finneytown 71 Taylor 44: Finneytown will play CNE on Wednesday night.
- LaSalle 81 Mt. Healthy 50: Ryan Fleming led LaSalle with 15 points in the win.
The Lancers advance to play Amelia on Wednesday.
- Middletown 72 Woodward 62: The Middies pulled away in the fourth behind the strong play of freshman forward Vince Edwards who scored 19. Geovonie McKnight and Kirby Wright each added 15 points for the Middies. Trent Donald scored 27 points and grabbed 13 boards in the loss for Woodward. Middletown advances to play Walnut Hills on Tuesday.
Ramar Hairston did everything he could tonight,
but West High pulled off the win on a OT buzzer beater.Lakota West 59 Kings 57: The Firebirds just managed to hold on to their lead and squeaked out a win behind the superb shooting of sophomore guard Ali Barnes who scored 22. West will now play Winton Woods on Tuesday night.
- Colerain 66 Milford 53: After trailing by 8 at the break the Cardinals dominated the second half, led by Bryan Porter who scored 22 points. The Cards also got strong play from freshman forward Treyvon Hudson, who logged the most minutes of his young career tonight. Colerain advances to meet Elder on Wednesday night.
- West High 81 Northwest 78: Randon Clark hit a three pointer with one second remaining in overtime to break the tie and win the game. West High was led by Darrell Bullock's 22 points and Keevin Tyus' 18, both of these players stepped up after Bubba Hill went down early with an ankle injury. Northwest, forced to play without star Melvin Hunter, got 18 points from Ramar Hairston, 17 from Allen Thompson, and 15 from Dorrell Flowers. West High will play Princeton on Wednesday.
- Lakota East 80 Talawanda 44: Mark Minch led the Thunderhawks with 14 points while Mike Boyd added 11 points and 7 assists in the win. East will play Hughes on Wednesday.
Check back into CPHR tomorrow for a complete preview of the second round of the tournament.
Feb 27, 2011
Saturday Tourney Results:
Posted by Corey @ CPHR at 12:50 AM