Now that the regular season is officially over, CPHR is ready to turn its focus towards the state tournament. This year's tourney draw provided a lot of interesting games starting with third round action. In the third round, provided that there are no major upsets, we could see games such as: Mason vs Withrow, Aiken vs LaSalle, Milford vs Princeton, St. Xavier vs Lakota East, Glen Este vs Moeller, and even a heavyweight matchup like Middletown vs Winton Woods. Keep checking into to CPHR as full coverage of the tournament will be provided, here is a look at the first round games that will take place this weekend all over the city:
- Sycamore vs Anderson: @ Oak Hills 6:00
- Fairfield vs Glen Este: @ Lakota West 6:30
- Oak Hills vs Hamilton: @ Lakota West 8:00
- Indian Hill vs Bethel Tate: @ Mason 6:00
- McNicholas vs Norwood: @ Mason 7:30
- Shroder vs East Clinton: @ Western Brown 8:00
- Taft vs Purcell: @ Turpin 8:00
- Madeira vs Ripley: @ Monroe 6:30
- Mariemont vs Badin: @ Monroe 8:00
- Roger Bacon vs Batavia: @ Mason 11:00
- Wyoming vs Clermont NE: @ Mason 12:30
- Finneytown vs Taylor: @ Mason 2:00
- Lakota East vs Talawanda: @ Lakota West 7:00
- LaSalle vs Mt. Healthy: @ Oak Hills 12:30
- Middletown vs Woodward: @ Mason 3:30
- Lakota West vs Kings: @ Mason 5:00
- Milford vs Colerain: @ Mason 6:30- Probably the most intriguing first round game as a talented Colerain team, despite their losing record, will match up with FAVC divisional champ Milford. The Cardinals will provide problems for Milford and could pull the upset because of their athleticism and pressuring defense.
- Prediction: Colerain gives Miford a run but can't quite pull the upset.
- West High vs Northwest: @ Mason 8:00- This is another close call, as by all indications NW's Melvin Hunter isn't ready to have his prep career end just yet. He will lead his team against a West High team that has had some high peaks and some low lows this season, but is known for playing extremely hard. This could be a very entertaining game at Mason.
- Prediction: West High will have to come to play but they should get this win.
Several area teams such as Moeller, Princeton, Winton Woods, North College Hill, Summit, and Clark have first round byes while teams like Aiken and St. Xavier don't play their first games until what would be considered the second round (Next Tuesday and Wednesday's games). CPHR will have previews of those games once their opponents are known, based off of weekend results.