Another great night of Sectional Semi Final action was highlighted by Turpin's close call win over Lakota West at Hamilton HS in front of CPHR.....
- Turpin 57 Lakota West 55: With the Spartans leading by 14 points going into the fourth quarter a collective groan was starting to come from the Firebirds cheering section until Ali Barnes and Tyler Williams each knocked down three-point shots to cut the lead to as few as one heading into the final minute. West had a chance to win the game as junior guard Monty Boykins, who had carried the Firebirds all night long, got off a clean three-point shot with LW down by two; but the shot missed. Turpin junior Connor Grotton then sealed the game from the foul line and the Spartans earned a hard fought win and a shot for the sectional title against Moeller on Sunday. Sophomore guard Zach McCormick of Turpin was the best player on the floor tonight as he scored 23 points, including five points in the last ten seconds of the third quarter to help build Turpin's double-digit lead. McCormick hit several tough shots in traffic, using his body control and superior athleticism to score around the rim. Turpin also got great production from junior guard Clay Johnson, back from an injury, who was able to make plays defensively as well as by driving to the lane and dishing the ball off. West was led by the 16 points of Monty Boykins and the 14 points of Tyler Williams.
- Moeller 72 Amelia 40: Josh Davenport led Moeller with 17 points in the win while 6'8 freshman center Nate Fowler, in a rare case of a Crusader freshman playing varsity, came off the bench to score 4 points. The Crusaders will play Sunday against Turpin for the sectional title.
- LaSalle 65 Glen Este 33: The Lancers advance to play Fairfield for the sectional title.
- Fairfield 51 Colerain 43: The Indians advance to play LaSalle for the sectional title.
- Taft 108 Batavia 39: The Senators will play Saturday night for the sectional title.