Aug 8, 2011

Moore Weighing His Options


It was a busy summer for '12 Aiken SG Willy Moore. First, he went down to North Carolina with All-Ohio Purple and played for a team that lost in the finals to Chris Paul's CP3 All-Stars. Next, he rejoined his old squad, the Cincinnati Knights, for trips to West Virginia, St. Louis, and Fort Wayne where he gathered increased attention from college coaches at every stop.

Since he was a freshman basketball minds in Ohio have known about Willy. A chiseled 6'3 combo guard with a slick handle, deep range, hops, and an uncanny level of court vision there are few in the country with Moore's talent level. This past high school season that potential turned into production as Willy was named to the CMAC All-Conference 1st Team and averaged just under 18 PPG for his Aiken Falcons. Now that it's getting near time to make a college decision and Moore is just taking in the process and letting it unfold.

“Wichita State just called and offered me today. Cleveland State offered, Ohio University, Akron, Kent State, Tulane, Miami (OH), James Madison, Iona all offered, and a couple others,” Moore claims. Added to that list is Dayton, Cincinnati, Xavier, Wisconsin, Eastern Kentucky, and Louisville who have all shown some interest but have not yet offered.

“Wichita State, Kent State, and definitely Dayton would be my leaders right now. I know I'm going to take a visit to Wichita State this fall,” Moore told CPHR. “My mom would like to see me stay close to home so she could go see me play, that's what I like about the MAC schools, but I want to go out and see Wichita State for sure.”

No decision date has been set, and no decision is likely to be made until closer to the school season but Moore says that, “I'm just looking for a place to come in and play my game, hopefully get in as a freshman and show what I can do. Most schools are recruiting me because they like the way I score but a lot of them said that once the point guard gets tired then they'll probably slide me over and let me play the point because of my passing ability.”

Like any player going through the recruiting process it's a lot to take in but fortunately for Moore he has a lot of support in his circle, “Coach Tre (Cincinnati Knights), Coach Leon (Aiken), my mom, all my other AAU coaches, we're starting to talk about our options now so that I'll be able to find the best fit where I can go in and prove what I'm capable of. The more schools that are interested the better.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment