|Elijah Macon led AOR from start to finish|
After winning the Ohio AAU State Championship in June there was chatter that Red might have enough firepower to take the crown at Nationals and they delivered under the utmost pressure. Just to reach the championship game Red had to get by Houston Hoops, the Florida Rams, the Georgia Stars, and Alabama Challenge (all of whom are among the nation's elite teams). AOR used their combination of depth, size, and experience together to wear down tired teams and prevailed in the last three rounds thanks to some lights out shooting from the whole team.
The team MVP for the tourney would have to be Top 50 national recruit Elijah Macon who used his chiseled and hyper-athletic 6'8 body to dominate the paint on both ends of the floor. Every single player contributed heavily in Orlando for All-Ohio Red, the rest of the National Championship roster includes:
- Elijah Macon- 6'8 PF Huntington Prep (WV) recently transfered from Columbus Marion-Franklin
- Jalen Robinson- 6'8 PF/C Columbus Northland is committed to Dayton
- Devon Scott- 6'9 C Columbus Northland is committed to Cincinnati
- Kenny Kaminski- 6'8 PF Medina is committed to Michigan State
- Teddy Hawkins- 6'7 SF/PF Dayton Dunbar
- Myles Hamilton- 6'2 SG Lakewood St. Ed
- Jordan Potts- 6'0 PG Columbus Northland
- Jake Kretzer- 6'4 SF Waverly is committed to Akron
- Leroy Alexander- 6'2 SG Springfield
- Terry Rozier- 6'1 PG Shaker Heights missed the trip but excelled all year long with AOR
Note: CPHR would also like to congratulate the Martin Wolverines 16u team for winning Adidas end of summer event in Los Angeles this past weekend. The Wolverines completed another terrific AAU season led by local players SG Dontonio Wingfield Jr (Lockland), PG Antonio Woods (Summit), C Maverick Morgan (Springboro), and SG Stedman Lowry (Lakota East)
Finally, CPHR would like to congratulate the 17u Shining Stars (Walthar) team on placing 12th at Nationals.