5 of Purple's 11 players attend Taft HS meaning that they have had to share playing time at tournaments, AAU rules dictate that before June 1st only two players from a HS can be on a teams roster for each tournament. This weekend, the State Tournament, begins after the 1st of June so Purple will again be fully loaded. AOP along with their brother program All-Ohio Red, and the Cincinnati Knights, will be the favorites to win the State's this weekend. CPHR will now take a look at the revamped AOP roster:
- Adolphus Washington- Taft PF: "The Diesel" has always been, and will continue to be, the go to player. Stats, and especially wins, speak for themselves; as opponents grow "DD" only improves.
- Dwayne Stanford- Taft PF: "Too Tall" brings the athleticism and energy to the floor for Purple year in and year out.
- Orlando Berry Jr- Taft PG: Son of a coach, and plays like it, "Lil' O" is the floor general.
- Josh Lemons- LaSalle PG: One of the original AOP players, they call him "Speedy" due to his ability to push the tempo.
- Jalean Lowe- Taft SF: Versatile shooter has expanded all around game, J Lowe has been with AOP since the beginning.
- Willy Moore- Aiken SG: In his 2nd stint with AOP Moore adds another scoring guard with shooting ability to an already deep supply of weapons.
- Geovonie McKnight- Middletown PG: CPHR's #1 prospect is a new addition that takes AOP to the next level.
- Tommy Kreyenhagen- Summit SG: Go to shooter, has been knocking down triples for AOP for years.
- Jermaine Freeman- Taft SG: Lock down defender for year's, hit FT's to win AOP's last National Title.
- CJ Gettys- Findlay C: AOP's only out of town player is a 7'0 new addition with real talent.
- Andrew Mitchell- Walnut Hills SG: Lights out shooter is a new member of AOP.
With the additions of McKnight and Moore Purple now has the top 7 prospects in CPHR's 2012 rankings, we'll see on Sunday what type of result this team can produce. Stay tuned in to Cincy Prep Hoops Report for full coverage of our favorite AAU event, hosted right here in Cincinnati.